ENVR 141: Wilderness & Human Values Application – Winter 18
ENVR 141 will be taught on Wed. 4-5:20pm and is a prerequisite to serve as an undergraduate Teaching Assistants for ENVR140 in Spring Quarter (MWF 3-4).
Email your completed application to Karla Kastner, Env Studies minor coordinator, at email@example.com by Dec. 1, 2018.
Name: ____________________________ PID: ______________________________________________
Major:___________________________ Minor (if any):_____________________________________
Cumulative GPA: _____________________ Number of units completed: _______________
PART ONE: Please read and initial next to the following statements:
____ I understand that this is an initial application to participate in ENVR 141 and that enrollment in ENVR 141 does not guarantee that I will serve as a discussion leader for ENVR 140 in the Spring.
____ I understand that if I am selected to TA, I must meet the university criteria of a 3.0 cumulative GPA and upper-division standing (90 or more units completed).
____ I understand that if I am selected to TA, the program has the following TA policy: the first time a student is selected to TA for Environmental Studies, they will earn 4 units of academic credit through ENVR 195 (P/NP).
PART TWO: Please answer the questions below. You can type your answers into this document. Include your name at the top of each page.
- Why do you want to take ENVR141 (Winter 2018) and serve as an undergraduate TA in ENVR140 Wilderness and Human Values (Spring 2018)?
- Why are you a good candidate for this opportunity? Describe any relevant teaching or other experiences, course work, skills, abilities, etc., which would help you in this role.
- How will you fit ENVR141 and ENVR140 into your schedule and academic plan?
- Attach a current resume to your application.
- Include the contact information for two references. This could include professors, teachers, employers, club advisors, TAs, UC staff, etc.
PART THREE: Submit Your Application—
Please email your completed application document to Karla Kastner, Env Studies minor coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org by Dec. 1, 2018.
**ALL applicants will be notified through their UCSD email in Fall term. **
For questions, please contact:
Matthew Herbst, Associate Teaching Professor, Eleanor Roosevelt College
Director, Making of the Modern World Program,
Contact: (858) 822-4859 / email@example.com / http://ucsdherbst.org