MMW Serves – Yosemite and Baja Spring Break Programs
MMW Serves will focus on environmental projects, working at Yosemite National Park and at Bahia de Los Angeles in Baja, Mexico in Spring Break 2021. MMW Serves requires academic preparation in winter term through a special MMW Seminar before the experiential component over spring break. Space is limited.
- Cost: $400.00. There is a Non-Refundable $200.00 deposit due upon your acceptance by Nov. 26. Second Payment ($200) will be due at the end of January and is Non-Refundable. This covers transportation from UCSD to the MMW Serve locations, food, lodging, and outdoor activities over Spring Break 2021.
- Preparation: Participation requires successful completion of a special 4-credit MMW14/122 Seminar on Mondays, 3-6pm in Winter. Pre-Requisites: MMW12 & 13; MMW121 (for transfer students).
- Deadline: Submit your application by email on or before Monday, Nov. 1.
|FIRST & LAST NAME PID PREFERRED GENDER DATE OF BIRTH|
|MAJOR(S) & MINOR(S):
□ FRESH □ SOPH □ JR □ SR Transfer Student: YES NO
DID YOU COMPLETE MMW 12 AND 13 (NON-TRANSFER STUDENTS)
DID YOU/WILL YOU COMPLETE MMW121 (TRANSFER STUDENTS) before Winter 2022?
|APPLICATION PROCEDURE: SUBMIT RESPONSES TO THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS:
Make sure that your name is on each sheet. Use standard 12-point font.
1. Why do you want to participate in MMW Serves?
2. How will you contribute positively to the group, course, and service experience?
3. Share about your outdoor/environmental interest and experience.
4. Describe your community service and intercultural experience. How does this program relate to any previous experience, to your college career, or to future plans?
5. What do you hope to gain from this experience?
6. Describe yourself, your strengths, and your personality. How do you work in a group?
7. Submit names, title, and contact information (address, phone, email) for two references. How do you know these references (teacher, supervisor, group leader, etc.)?
NOTE: Your UCSD academic and conduct record will be reviewed to ensure that you are in good standing.