Eleanor Roosevelt College Service Programs AY2017-2018
International: Break Away Global Service (BAGS) – Belize
Domestic: MMW Serves – Navajo Reservation
- BAGS and MMW Serves each require academic preparation in winter term before the experiential components over spring break. These intercultural programs have a public health focus and enrollment is limited.
- BAGS 2018 will fly as a group and work in Belize.
- MMW Serves will drive as a group and work on the Navajo Reservation in Northeastern Arizona.
- Academic Preparation (Winter 2018): Successful completion of the preparatory seminar is required for participation in the program.
- For BAGS, you must enroll in and complete the 2-credit ERC192A Preparatory Seminar.
- For MMW Serves, you must enroll in and complete the special 4-credit MMW14/122 seminar. Pre-reqs: MMW12 & 13; MMW121 (for transfers). If you have taken MMW14 or 122, you are ineligible.
- Cost: There is a $200.00 deposit due upon your acceptance into either program.
- BAGS: The total fee for the international program is $1,200.00 (transportation, lodging, meals included).
- MMW Serves: The total fee for the domestic program is $650.00 (transportation, lodging, meals included).
- Application and Deadline: Submit your completed application to the ERC Student Affairs front desk, located on the 3rdFloor of the ERC Admin building, or to the MMW Office. Deadline: Wednesday, November 1 at 4pm.
APPLICATION FOR (CHECK ONE)
(If applying for both, you must submit a separate application for each program)
□ BAGS – BELIZE □ MMW SERVES – NAVAJO
|FIRST & LAST NAME PID PREFERRED GENDER DATE OF BIRTH|
|MAJOR(S) & MINOR(S) GPA (CUMULATIVE) CLASS STANDING: □ FRESH □ SOPH □ JR □ SR EXPECTED GRADUATION:|
|LOCAL ADDRESS EMAIL PHONE NUMBER|
|LANGUAGE(S) PROFICIENCY (note: there is no language requirement):
HAVE YOU PARTICIPATED IN AN ERC SERVICE TRIP BEFORE? □ YES, if so, which and when: □ NO
for BAGS: DO YOU HAVE A VALID PASSPORT, WHICH DOES NOT EXPIRE IN THE NEXT SIX MONTHS? □ YES □ NO
I. SUBMIT THIS COVER SHEET, AND
II. SEPARATE PAGES WITH YOUR TYPED RESPONSES TO THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS: Make sure that your name is on each sheet. Use standard 12-point font.
1. Why do you want to participate in BAGS or MMW Serves? How will you contribute to the group, course, and intercultural service experience?
2. Describe your community service and intercultural experience. How does this program relate to any previous experience, to your college career, or to future plans?
3. What do you hope to gain from this experience?
4. Describe yourself, your strengths, and your personality. How do you work in a group?
5. Submit names, title, and contact information (address, phone, email) for two references. How do you know these references (teacher, supervisor, group leader, etc.)?
NOTE: Your UCSD academic and conduct record will be reviewed to ensure that you are in good standing.
BAGS: Asst. Dean Pedro Scotto firstname.lastname@example.org
MMW Serves: Prof. Matthew Herbst email@example.com