APPLICATION PROCEDURE FOR MMW SERVES: SUBMIT A COVER SHEET WITH THIS INFORMATION AND YOUR TYPED RESPONSES TO THE QUESTIONS BELOW. IF APPLYING FOR BOTH PROGRAMS, SUBMIT A SEPARATE APPLICATION FOR EACH. THE COST OF THE NAVAJO PROGRAM IS $675 AND THE CATALINA PROGRAM, $400.
NAME AND PID:
DATE OF BIRTH: GENDER:
MAJOR(S) & MINOR(S): GPA (CUMULATIVE):
CLASS STANDING: □ FIRST YEAR □ SECOND □ THIRD □ FOUTH □ OTHER
TRANSFER STUDENT: □ YES □ NO
DID YOU COMPLETE MMW 12 AND 13 (NON-TRANSFER STUDENTS): □ YES □ NO
DID YOU COMPLETE MMW121 (TRANSFER STUDENTS): □ YES □ NO
EXPECTED GRADUATION YEAR:
Make sure that your name is on each application sheet. Use standard 12-point font.
- Why do you want to participate in this MMW Serves program?
- How does this program relate to any previous service or other experience? How does it fit with your college career or future plans? For Catalina: Do you have outdoor interest or experience? If so, describe.
- What do you hope to gain from this MMW Serves experience?
- Describe yourself, your strengths, and your personality. How will you positively contribute to the class and service experience? How do you work in a group? How do you handle uncertainty and change?
- Do you understand that you must enroll and pass the Winter MMW Serves seminar?
- Do you understand that the deposit (due Dec 1) and 2nd payment (due Feb. 1) are non-refundable?
- Submit names, title, and contact information (address, phone, email) for two references and explain how you know these references (teacher, supervisor, group leader, etc.).
NOTE: Your UCSD academic and conduct record will be reviewed to ensure that you are in good standing.